Hi Everyone! Here are some ideas for using the brown paper that comes in your Stampin' UP! orders. I got this tip from a demo discussion where many added their uses. Here's some I found useful, interesting or just outright fun!
- Cats love to play and lay in the paper. It crinkles and wrinkles and cats liketo lay in the paper lined SU box.
- Use it as scrap paper – Cut it down to a mat size and place under your projects as you work!
- Use it like butcher block paper. Teachers may especially like this one! Line your entire work table like a table cloth or a creative medium for a large group.
- A banner since it's one long piece of paper.
- You can iron the paper on low heat to smooth it out for an interesting stamp paper (see my sample)
- Run it through the big shot using dies or embossing folder. (note this paper is much thinner than cardstock but heavier than tissue paper.)
- Jeff says it makes for the perfect kindling for starting his bon-fires!
- Iron, stamp and use as one-of-a-kind wrapping paper. Use twine for an old-fashion gift look.
- Use it as tissue paper. Cut down and iron. Store flat until ready to use in a gift bag. (esp. good for men gifts.)
As you can see, there are all sorts of things you can do with with the packing paper. So next time you get your SU order, think of it as a bonus item! and have fun using the tips above. If you have an idea or do something different with your SU packing paper…Please leave a comment to share with us!
SU packing paper 🙂
Cajun Craze cardstock and Classic Ink
Basic Black cardstock and Clasic Ink
Old Olive Classic Ink
Spooky Bingo Bits Stamp Set
Bat Punch (Recently added to Clearance Rack!)
Black lace ribbon (Recently added to Clearance Rack!)
Eyelet Border Punch
Fall Leaves Card
Leaf Die #2
Perfect Punches Stamp Set
Always Artichoke, More Mustard Card stock
Square Lattice Embossing Folder
Classic ink in Always Artichoke, Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip
Oval Scallop Punch
Happy Crafting!~ Dee