Hi Everyone! It's Kid's Craft Time! I designed this simple project with youth ages 4-11 in mind. The youngers ones will need a little more assistance. I think this would be a great project for a scout troup, your Little Sister or Brother, the grandkids etc. Start collection your soup and veggie cans!
I also wanted to show something that anyone could make with their own supplies. While I'll be talking Stampin' UP! items, I hope you can see where you could free hand cut your own triangles and wedges 🙂 so let's get started!
- Soup can – I used the regular size cans – and enjoyed having Campbells
- Chicken and Stars to get ready for todays posting LOL. The new cans do not leave sharp edges when tab removed, but you may wish to double check.
- With nail, or drill, adults please pierce can to make hole for wire handle.
- Brights Collection Designer Paper – Pumpkin Pie cut to 3-3/4" x 9"
- Basic Black, Whisper White card stock
- Wire found on the Clearance Rack!
- Pennant Builder Punch and 3/4" Circle Punch
- Wire cutters
- Punch holes in side of can for wire handle.
- Adhere paper around can. With pencil or pen tip, poke handle holes out.
- With about 18" of wire, insert ends through hole. Bring back up and wrap around handle arch by the top of can. Option – wrap wire around paint brush handle, pencil, etc to create curly handle.
- Punch or cut 2 triangles for eyes out of black card stock.
- Punch 2 (two) circle out of white for eye corners. Glue in corner and trim off extra (skip step for younger ages)
- Punch 2(two) cirlces out of black. Cut into forths for nose and mouth.
- Add ribbon to handle if want (retired ribbon shown).
- Fill with candy! or treat.
I think you could easily skip the handle and still have a cute craft to do with kids.
TOMORROW – we'll make one with more embellishments…for us older kids (smile!)