- Clean jars in warm soapy water..even if brand new.
- THIS IS THE BIG TIP..use rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball and wipe over surface. This takes any existing oils from your fingers etc and makes it ready for painting.
- Take craft acrylic paint and paint. I used the .89 craft paint found at WalMart. Grab your favorite fall colors.
- THIS IS A BIG TIP – wait 24 hours and paint again.
- Take sand paper or an emery board and scratch off the paint on the wording and around for shabby chicness.
- Add 1-1/4" Burlap Ribbon 132140 around the top. Shown 2 ways -either tie knot or simply wrap. Hot Glue into place.
- Take old sprigs and reinvent them into your new Shabby Chic mason jars!
Each one is slightly different as I played with different levels of sanding. Click on the thumbnails to see them up close!
Of course, you could add a tag, if giving as a gift…which these ended up being! LOL. I spent the night with my mom and she fell in love with them. So of course, I gave them to her! We moved them around her house and she has them lined up on a pretty glass tray on her kitchen table. The cooler weather in Indiana is making us get into the fall spirit!