Hi Everyone! What a fun weekend I had..my BFF Joan visited from Ohio and we attended our local fall festival called Apple Festival. Friends, fun, food and crafts..doesn't get much better than that in my world!
This week's Must Have Monday's is the Festive Flower Builder Punch. While definitely a poinsettia flower, I'll be showing different looks this week so you can see it can go beyond the winter season.
The sentiment is from Reason for the Season Photopolyer stamp set. Save 15% when you purchase the bundle of the stamp set and Festive Flower Builder Punch!
I punched out 4 sets of petals using RED Glimmer Paper. Sparkly goodness in the Glimmer Paper. I folded each petal in half (right sides together) to form a crease for more dimension. I recommend hot glue when layering glimmer paper.
Steps for the Festive Flower Punch Glimmer Paper Poinsettia:
- With Real Red Card Stock, punch a 1" circle and a 3/4" circle for petal bases.
- Fold each petal in half right sides together. Hot glue largest petals in a north, south, east, west fashion using the 1" circle punch as base.
- With the 3/4" circle, repeat with the medium petals. Add the smaller connected petals on top. Hot glue layers together.
- With Daffodil Delight scrap – punch 2 centers and add with hot glue.
General Steps for the rest of project:
- Punch 2" banner from Triple Banner Punch.
- Stamp sentiment in Real Red Classic Ink.
- Stamp outline of poinsettia image in Tuxedo Black Ink.
- 2-Step stamp (stamp over top of image) of flower in Real Red.
- 2-Step stamp leaves in Soft Sky ink.
- Sponge color around (see my Tuesday Tip tomorrow!)
- Cut a 1-1/2" Strip of Home For Christmas and wrap around Square Pillow Box die cut using Soft Sky Cardstock. Add banner and flower.
This is now all ready to go for a gift card, treats, or a small gift!
TIP! If you want a super flower – punch out 6-8 sets of petals!