My dearest friend Joan came to visit over the weekend and we made this adorbs card using the Stampin' Sponges' blending technique.
Here's the video on the technique. It's not to make this card, but how to sponge on the colors. You may wish to watch the video, then read the instructions for this project!
General Instructions for the sample card in this post!
- Stamp the fall scene from Happy Scenes stamp set on a 2-1/4" x 2 -1/2 " Whisper White Cardstock.
- Starting with Crushed Curry Classic Ink – sponge the upper half or sky. Start from the outside and work your way inward. TIP leave the slightest of white (non sponged). It gives a sunrise/sunset look.
- Next, sponge Tangerine Tango, again – start at the outside and work inward.
- Sponge the bottom half or grass with Mossy Meadow.
- With Tangerine Tango Stampin' Write Marker – color pumpkins and leaves.
- Die cut window using Home & Hearth Thinlit with Basic Black Cardstock. With Multipurpose glue, add scene to back of window.
- With the Hardwood stamp (I like my wood mount option with these big background stamps), stampin Mossy Meadow ink on Mossy Meadow Cardstock 3-3/4" x 5". Layer on 4" x 5-1/4" Basic Black Cardstock.
- Add to 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" card base.
- Stamp sentiment and use the blending technique. Punch ends with Banner Triple punch.
- Sponge Into the Woods Elements – add to window. Add Linen Thread bow.