Hi Everyone! It’s a butterfly spinner card! This is the last week to get Sale-A-Bration’s Botanical Butterflies Designer Paper. It’s FREE with a $50 purchase.
What’s great about this paper is some of sheets line up with the Butterfly Duet Punch perfectly. Or you could fuzzy cut the butterflies and still make this card!
You could replicate this project after Sale-a-Bration ends with the Butterfly Gala Bundle (stamp set and punch) and other Designer Paper of your choice 🙂
What makes it a spinner card is layering mirror images in-between thread or in this case, fishing line! And then prior to closing the card you twist and twist and twist the image and close. When opened, the butterfly spins and twirls!
- Thick Whisper White Cardstock (CS): 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″; scraps for die cutting.
- Basic Black CS: 4″ x 5-1/4′; 8-1/2″ x 5-1/4″ scored at 2-1/2″, 4-1/4′ & 6″; scraps for die cutting
- Botanical Butterflies DSP: for front – (2) 1-7/8′ x 3-1/2″, 3/4″ x 3-3/4″ &1-1/2″ x 3-3/4″. inside (2) 5″ x 2-1/4″
- Gorgeous Grape CS: scrap for die cutting.
- Punch or cut out 2 butterfly images. Set aside.
- With Oval Framelits Die, die cut oval in the center of the inside basic black CS layer. Use center score line as guid.
- Fan fold black CS as shown.
- Use glue dots and snail adhesive to sandwich butterflies in-between the thread or fishing line.
- On the BACK SIDE of the oval opening, tape the thread/line using scotch tape. Make sure line is taunt when you tape down.
- Add designer paper to side panels.
- Adhere to the inside of the card base. The sides will be about 1/2″ from the sides. Stage before gluing down, making sure the opening looks the way you want.
- Add layers to the front of the card.
- Stamp sentient and add layers. Add to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals foam dots.
Use Host Code 732KSERT when ordering!