Hi Everyone! Welcome to the Blog Hop!
I love that our theme this month is around stamping for the men in our lives! We celebrated my dad’s 80th birthday last week. (this post is not his card -wink) And HE keeps all the cards I make for him. So we know our creations are special to the guys too!
Today I have a coordinating card and gift box for you featuring products found in the Come Sail Away Suite of products.
For the card: Measurements –
- Sahara Sand Cardbase 4-1/4″ x 11″
- Night of Navy 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ & 4″ x 1/4″
- Come Sail Away 4″ x 5-1/4″ & 4″ x 1-1/4″ with scrap to make the DAD
- With the 2-1/4″ Circle Punch, punch out a circle with the Designer Paper. Cut in half. These are the “D”s.
- Cut a 2-1/4″ tall triangle. The base is 1-1/2″. What I did is cut a 2-1/4 x 1-1/2 rectangle. Along the 1-1/2 side, marked the half way point or 3/4. That is the top point of triangle and cut to the bottom. The triangle is the “A”
- With a sponge dauber, use Sahara Sand ink to ink around the edges of DAD. Crinkle the letters for added texture.
- Add the Designer paper to the Night of Navy layer. Add the 1/4″ strip of Night of Navy.
- Add the coordinating baker’s twine from the suite.
- Adhere to cardbase. Add DAD with dimensional foam dots.
- Stamp inside.
For box: Measurements:
- Night of Navy 3″ x 3″
- Designer Paper 2-7/8″ x 2-7/8″
- Night of Navy 3-1/4″ x 3-1/4″
- Designer Paper 3-1/8″ x 3-1/8″
- With brayer and Night of Navy and Balmy Blue ink, brayer the MAT side of the mini pizza box. The boxes have a waxy or shiny side and a mat side. TIP start with lighter color when inking this way. So start with the Balmy Blue then brayer with Night of Navy.
- Stamp images from Sailing Home using Night of Navy ink and Sahara Sand Cardstock. I used ink left on the brayer to lightly bray images. Die cut images with coordinating Smooth Sailing Dies ( Save 10% when you order the bundle.)
- Add cardstock and designer paper layers together and tie baker’s twine around layers. Glue to box.
- Add images with dimensional foam dots.
- Add Sail Away Trinket.
- Inside: Stamp sentiment directly on designer paper. Add cardstock and designer paper layers to inside lid.
- Add compose element (punched out with 1-1/2″ circle punch) with dimensional.
I hope you enjoyed my projects for you!
Now let’s keep Hopping!
Up next is my Glitter Pal Tracy and you can find all the hoppers listed below