Hi Everyone! Today I have a fun and easy technique that helps use up scrap strips of designer paper. It’s the (big wink) Scrap Strips Technique LOL!
It couldn’t be easier. Glue strips of designer paper side by side. Pick an image to die cut and have at it!
I like starting with a 6″ x 6″ piece of Whisper White cardstock (not thick whisper white). 6″ wide because that the max. width of my die cutting machine. If you have lots of 12″ long scraps – you could make a 6×12.
- Cut strips of scrap designer paper into 1/4″ x 6″ or 1/2″ x6″ OR whatever size you wish! 1/2″ shown above. AND feel free to mix and match the widths!
- Arrange the strips in a pattern you like.
- Glue using Multipurpose glue.
- Die cut an amazing, one of a kind embellishment or layer!
To make this project.
- Die cut Scrap Strip using Stitched so Sweetly.
- Stamp sentiment with VersaMark, add Gold Embossing Powder and heat set. Die cut.
- Add sentiment using a glue dot.
- Fold bag flap.
- Tie ribbon and add Scrap Strip embellishment using dimensionals.
Enjoy using this technique! If you need anything to complete the project as shown, click on any of the images above to shop with me!
Use Host Code 732KSERT when ordering!