Hi Everyone! This is the 3rd and final card from my local card class last week. They all featured How Sweet It Is Designer Series Paper.
The illusion of the balloons being part of the rectangle is accomplished by layering a second image directly on top of another!CB = Card base
CS = Cardstock
DSP = Designer Series Paper
• Whisper White CB 8-1/2 x 5-1/2
• Coastal Cabana CS 4-1/8 x 5-3/8
• How Sweet It Is DSP 4 x 5-1/4
• Layer DSP on Coastal Cabana CS – but at an angle! Trim and save scraps to be used on the inside of the card.
• Add to card base front.
• Die cut rectangles with Rectangles Stitched Framelits out of Whisper White CS
• With black Memento Ink, stamp images on rectangle. The balloons will be stamped off (beyond) the border.
• On scrap Whisper White, stamp just the balloons. Color with Stampin’ Blends and fussy cut out the balloons only.
• Color with Stampin’ Blends the image on layer (lady’s lower half). Adhere layering balloons directly over base stamped balloons.
• Add to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals Foam Dot.s
• Using same color of Stampin’ Blends to add stripes to the stitched rectangle. Stamp sentiment. Add to card front.
• Add Rhinestones randomly to card front.
• Add corner DSP scraps to inside of card and stamp sentiment.
• Decorate the front of the envelope same way as sentiment. Add stripes and stamp sentiment.
Hi Everyone! This is card 2 in a series of cards from my local card class last week. They featured How Sweet It Is Designer Paper.
Sometimes, we get re-inspired if we change up the size of the card bases we use! With this layout, the right side of the card is always seen whether opened or closed.
CB = Card base
CS = Cardstock
DSP = Designer Series Paper
• Whisper White CB: 4-1/4 x 8-3/4. Score along the 8-3/4 side at 3-1/4
• Coastal Cabana CS: 4-1/8 x 2-1/2; 2-1/8 x 3-1/8
• Melon Mambo CS: 4-1/8 x 3-1/8
• How Sweet It Is DSP: 4 x 3; 2 x 3
• Whisper White Stitched Rectangle – use the 3-5/8 x 1-5/8 die cut size
• Stamp sentiment using Melon Mambo on stitched rectangle. Add to Coastal Cabana CS and layer on right side of card base.
• Add DSP to Melon Mambo CS. Add to card front.
• Layer DSP to CS for inside pocket to be used to hold money or gift card.
• Add a thin bead of Multipurpose glue to 3 sides, leaving the top open. Add to inside of card base.
• Stamp sentiment with Coastal Cabana Ink. Punch out using Starburst Punch and layer with 2-1/4” Circle Punch. Add to card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
• Stamp inside of card.
• Add Twinkle Adhesive Backed Sequins around the card.
• Option to tie ribbon or baker’s twine around card front.
Around the Corner Stamp Set is a new in the Annual Catalog and it could easily be overlooked. But don’t! It’s a stamp set that I’m sure to reach for when a little space need filled, or quick border is needed.
Yesterday, I showed how the Stamparatus can be used to make the main stamp element of this card..Check out the post with video tutorial HERE if interested!
Pineapple Punch Cardstock: 8-1/2 x 11 card base
2018-2018 6×6 Designer Paper: 4 x 5-1/2 – and scrap for balloons.
Whisper White Cardstock: 3-1/2 x 3-1/2 & 4 x 5-1/4 for inside (not shown)
Vellum Cardstock: 3-3/4 x 5 – and scrap for balloons
With Snail adhesive, attach the vellum to the designer paper. Attach in the center as the sentiment will hide the adhesive. Emboss with the Scattered Sequins Dynamic Embossing Folder and the Big Shot and add to card front.. Stamp sentiment using the Stamparatus (see yesterday’s post). Punch out balloons with designer paper and vellum. With Stampin’ Sponge, add Flirty Flamingo color. Add all element to card as shown and add rhinestones.
This was another card we did at my local class this week and inspired by the project in the catalog!
Hi Everyone! Our Glitter Queen group is highlighting BIRTHDAY’s this month in a Blog Hop! Here’s a Masculine Birthday card that features the True Gentleman Designer Series Paper.
I LOVE this card layout…Shout out to Jan Musselman for sharing! The reason why I like it so well is it uses 1/2 sheet of cardstock for the base and a few clever folds.
In my Video Tutorial on how to make this card, I also show how to use the Adhesive Sheets with your dies..they truly are game changers with the intricate or delicate die cut shapes!
Chocolate Chip Cardstock card base 4-1/4 x 11 scored at 5-1/2 & 9
True Gentleman Designer Paper: 4 x 3-1/4, 4 x 1-3/4, 4 x 2
Very Vanilla Cardstock 4 x 3-1/4
Night of Navy Cardstock 1 x 11
Scraps of Tranquil Tide, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla Cardstocks
Add Designer Paper and Very Vanilla to the card front, gift card flap and inside of card.
With 1-1/4″ Circle Punch (1″ could be used too), take a notch out of the end so you can see and easily access the gift card. With Glue Dots or Tear & Tape, tape gift card section sides and adhere.
To make belly band – With Tear & Tape – add ribbon to center of band. With Layering Circle Dies and Crumb Cake Cardstock, make circle. With Happy Birthday Thinlits and scraps of Tranquil Tide and Very Vanilla die cut Happy Birthday using Adhesive Sheets when die cutting (see video). Wrap belly band around the card – the ends won’t meet but the circle will hide! Attach circle to band using Stamping Dimensionals
Hi Everyone! I am honored to be a guest designer for Splitcoast Stampers today! This card is a Pop Out Explosion Card. And while it looks complicated, it’s easy to make!
When closed, it measures 4-1/4 x 4-1/2 so it will fit into an standard card envelope for mailing!
I made them with my team last month! If you are a stamping enthusiast, like us, you may wish to take advantage of the Starter Kit. Click here for all the details! My team loved this project and commented that they thought it would be really hard to make but it’s NOT! Many said how easy it was.
If you give a try, I would love to see your card! email@example.com!
4 ¼ “x 9” card base for a card – Thick Whisper White used
6”x6” for pop out – Whisper White used
(3) coordinating designer paper 4 ¼ “x 4 ½” – Petal Garden Designer Paper Stack used
(2) coordinating designer paper 2 ¾” x 2 ¾”
1” x 9 ½ “coordinating card stock to designer paper – Rich Razzleberry Cardstock used
Optional 1” x 9 ½ “ ribbon – Pool Party 3/8” Shimmer Ribbon used
Thick Whisper White cardstock was used for the card base and layer with the watercolor wash. You can use Thick Whisper White with water coloring as long as you don’t overdue the saturation.
Thick Whisper White Cardstock – 8-1/2 x 5-1/2; 4-1/4 x 3
Basic Black Cardstock front layers – 4-1/8 x 5-3/8; 4-3/4 x 3-1/8
Bubbles & Fizz Designer Paper 4 x 5-1/4
With an Aqua Painter, add watercolor swishes to thick whisper white layer using Bermuda Bay, Lemon-Lime Twist & Calypso Coral Ink. With Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, stamp sentiment. Add Clear Wink of Stella over water coloring for sparkle.
Adhere larger layering pieces together. Tie ribbon around. Adhere to card base. Add other layers to card base
Stamp panda in memento black ink and fuzzy cut (hand trim) image. Add ink to balloon using Aqua Painter
Add Clear Wink of Stella to background and white areas of panda.
Helping others discover the love of paper crafting through stamping and Stampin’ Up! products is my thing!
When someone receives a handmade card or gift, they feel special. And I love making others feel special, don’t you? Through stamps, paper and ink, I can make someone’s day!
My blog content is my sole responsibility as an independent Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and the use of and content of the classes, services, or products offered on the DBWS. This blog is not endorsed by Stampin’ Up.