Hi Everyone! Welcome to the Blog Hop!
I love that our theme this month is around stamping for the men in our lives! We celebrated my dad’s 80th birthday last week. (this post is not his card -wink) And HE keeps all the cards I make for him. So we know our creations are special to the guys too!
Today I have a coordinating card and gift box for you featuring products found in the Come Sail Away Suite of products.
For the card: Measurements –
- Sahara Sand Cardbase 4-1/4″ x 11″
- Night of Navy 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ & 4″ x 1/4″
- Come Sail Away 4″ x 5-1/4″ & 4″ x 1-1/4″ with scrap to make the DAD
- With the 2-1/4″ Circle Punch, punch out a circle with the Designer Paper. Cut in half. These are the “D”s.
- Cut a 2-1/4″ tall triangle. The base is 1-1/2″. What I did is cut a 2-1/4 x 1-1/2 rectangle. Along the 1-1/2 side, marked the half way point or 3/4. That is the top point of triangle and cut to the bottom. The triangle is the “A”
- With a sponge dauber, use Sahara Sand ink to ink around the edges of DAD. Crinkle the letters for added texture.
- Add the Designer paper to the Night of Navy layer. Add the 1/4″ strip of Night of Navy.
- Add the coordinating baker’s twine from the suite.
- Adhere to cardbase. Add DAD with dimensional foam dots.
- Stamp inside.
For box: Measurements:
- Night of Navy 3″ x 3″
- Designer Paper 2-7/8″ x 2-7/8″
- Night of Navy 3-1/4″ x 3-1/4″
- Designer Paper 3-1/8″ x 3-1/8″
- With brayer and Night of Navy and Balmy Blue ink, brayer the MAT side of the mini pizza box. The boxes have a waxy or shiny side and a mat side. TIP start with lighter color when inking this way. So start with the Balmy Blue then brayer with Night of Navy.
- Stamp images from Sailing Home using Night of Navy ink and Sahara Sand Cardstock. I used ink left on the brayer to lightly bray images. Die cut images with coordinating Smooth Sailing Dies ( Save 10% when you order the bundle.)
- Add cardstock and designer paper layers together and tie baker’s twine around layers. Glue to box.
- Add images with dimensional foam dots.
- Add Sail Away Trinket.
- Inside: Stamp sentiment directly on designer paper. Add cardstock and designer paper layers to inside lid.
- Add compose element (punched out with 1-1/2″ circle punch) with dimensional.
I hope you enjoyed my projects for you!
Now let’s keep Hopping!
Up next is my Glitter Pal Tracy and you can find all the hoppers listed below
Use Host Code W9TP36TA when ordering!